Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Japan (Sep 2012) Day 7: Kyoto Arashiyama (Part 1)


On this morning, I went to Arashiyama area at Kyoto. Weather wasn't too good since it started to rain around noon time so I left Arashiyama earlier than intended and headed for Kobe in the afternoon.

Go back to Day 6 Kyoto (Part 2) /


Took this train from Kyoto station to JR Saga-Arashiyama station. Remember to press the button next to the train door to open the door when alighting.

Chose a not-so-cold train cabin
After arriving at JR Saga-Arashiyama station, I walked towards the river area to cross the bridge to get to the monkey park.  It took me about 10-15mins walk from the station to the riverside area. 

Sold along the streets near Saga-Arashiyama station.

Came across another station while walking towards the riverside. This is not a JR station.

Finally I see the river...




Crossing the bridge...

Headed for the monkey park.

Entrance to the monkey park.


550yen per adult for admission fees
The start of my long long climb up to the top of the monkey park. It took me about 40mins. 



Still going up...

Map of the monkey park.  









Finally arrived at the top. 







Nice view overlooking Kyoto.














Feeding time...




Kyoto Tower


After another long walk down the monkey park, I headed for the shops near the riverside to look for some snacks to munch on. 

 Found this very yummy potato croquette!! The thing I didn't like about most potato croquettes is that there's usually some mixed vegs (peas, carrots..etc) in it, because I don't like vegetables. But this one here is PLAIN potato!! I regretted not buying a 2nd one while I was walking towards the train station. It was so good.

A short train ride from JR Saga-Arashiyama and I arrived back at Kyoto station. Went upstairs (top 2 levels above Isetan dept store at Kyoto station) to the Ramen level in search of some lunch. Finally chose a stall that sells Kyushu Tonkotsu Ramen. 


After lunch, it's time to head for Kobe...where I will be staying for the night at a capsule hotel (see next entry).


Go back to Day 6 Kyoto (Part 2) /

No comments:

Post a Comment